With sincere apologies to the EGOSOFT art team. Your work is awesome and lovely, but I play on a potato.
PotatoFactory (PTF) modules act like the vanilla station modules, but without the pretty animations, lights, and mass traffic.
- All modules build in 60 seconds (if you have enough build drones)
- All factions sell all PTF modules
- No Advanced / Military licenses needed
- Prices are the same as vanilla
- PTF versions of all 45 Production modules
- all use the ARG Cross 01 model with no FX
- build requirements, inputs and outputs unchanged from vanilla
- Medical Supplies variants and Refined Metals / Teladanium users
- Docks with no glow, no shimmer, no announcments, no little civillian
ships puttering about
- 3M6S LowTech dock
- 8M ARG Trade Station dock
- ARG Single, 3 T, and 3 E Piers
- ARG / PAR / TEL Habitats
- Size S models, maximum 1,000 population.
- Connectors without animated ads, elevators, or mass traffic
- ARG base 01, 02, and 03, Vertical 01 and 02
- PAR Cross 02 (ring) and Cross 03 (the Y)
- TEL size L Container, Solid, and Liquid Storage
- ARG Defense Disc
NOTE: PTF modules show up in the Construction Planner with the unknown "?" icon; you'll have to read the labels to tell them apart.
Saves containing stations built with this mod will not work without it.
This mod just adds new modules, the vanilla game modules aren't modified. My QuickBuilder mod can do some of that if you need; quieting all the docks in the game is doable, but someone would have to motivate me to look deeper at it, or apply this example themselves.
I have found on Win7 this has to be packed in a .CAT file to run; I'm told others can run it unpacked.
Warm thanks to @mewosmith and @UniTrader and the whole helpful EGOSOFT Discord.
Also see my other x4f work